Radiocarbon dating equation
Solve all the clues in a level to make it onto the leaderboard.
27) Prime number sieves 28) Recurrence expressions for phi (golden ratio): Phi appears with remarkable consistency in nature and appears to shape our understanding of beauty and symmetry.
29) The Riemann Hypothesis – one of the greatest unsolved problems in mathematics – worth $1million to anyone who solves it (not for the faint hearted!
Use this resource as a starting point and inspiration for your own personal investigation.
Before choosing a topic you also need to read this page which gives very important guidance from the IB. IB Revision I’d strongly recommend starting your revision of topics from Y12 – certainly if you want to target a top grade in Y13.
) 30) Time travel to the future: Investigate how traveling close to the speed of light allows people to travel “forward” in time relative to someone on Earth. 31) Graham’s Number – a number so big that thinking about it could literally collapse your brain into a black hole.
32) RSA code – the most important code in the world?
19) Natural logarithms of complex numbers 20) Twin primes problem: The question as to whether there are patterns in the primes has fascinated mathematicians for centuries.
The twin prime conjecture states that there are infinitely many consecutive primes ( eg. There has been a recent breakthrough in this problem.
This is the British International School Phuket’s IB maths exploration (IA) page.
This list is for SL and HL students – if you are doing a Maths Studies IA then go to this page instead.
2) Goldbach’s conjecture: “Every even number greater than 2 can be expressed as the sum of two primes.” One of the great unsolved problems in mathematics.Tags: Adult Dating, affair dating, sex dating